Brook Cottage (Cornwall) holiday home details
In association with Trinity House, Rural Retreats is pleased to present Brook Cottage at Trevose Head Lighthouse.
Brook Cottage is one of four holiday cottages available at the lighthouse which is located on a headland between the sandy beaches of Harlyn and Constantine Bays, four miles west of Padstow. The Lighthouse was built in 1847, electrified in 1973 and automated in 1995. The site is not open to the public and the four cottages are sheltered beneath a headland and are 75′ above the sea, accessed via a one-mile-long private road. There are fine views out to sea and the chance to watch fishing boats coming in and out of Padstow.
The cottages are semi-detached, with the lighthouse positioned in the middle. At the front, there is a communal tarmac forecourt with parking. To the rear, on the sea side, there is a shared walled grass area which is fenced at the cliff edge. (In the interest of safety, it is recommended that guests do not use this space). The South West Coast Path runs around the headland and on towards Padstow.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms and one shower room.
- Large communal, grassed area to the side of Brook Cottage.
- Parking for one car. Additional public parking available 100 yards away
- One well behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge).
- The lighthouse does not have a fog signal.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- TV, telephone with honesty box.
- Two travel cots and highchairs are available on request (shared between the four cottages).
- Garden furniture.
- Also on this site is Verity Cottage, sleeping four guests, Pelorus Cottage, sleeping four guests and Nimbus Cottage, sleeping four guests.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The picturesque fishing village of Padstow and its harbour.
- Enjoy a delicious meal at Rick Stein’s seafood restaurant (book well ahead if you wish to secure a table), bistro and cafe or arrange to have dinner cooked in the comfort of your cottage by Georgina Campbell 07590 725563.
- Harlyn Bay, on the road to Padstow in the lee of Trevose Head, offers surfing and a sheltered family beach with a wide crescent of yellow sand and rock pools and safe swimming (a lifeguard is on duty in the summer months).
- The Eden Project is a 30-minute drive away.